adsense

Monday, June 17, 2013

Miss USA Pageant


Like many people around the country I watched the Miss USA pageant tonight. I saw that it was on, but what made me turn it on was a comment on Facebook. Miss Alabama was in the top 15! Not only that, but she's from my hometown! How awesome is that! I thought it was! lol It's not a town that if you blink you'll miss it, but it's not a huge town either. Plus, Alabama doesn't have always have a great reputation, well the South as a whole doesn't really. But I loved watching her and she represented my town and state wonderfully! It was so nice! She did really well, runner up is nothing to joke about.

I was heading to bed and I got on Facebook for just a minute and the Today show had a picture of Miss Alabama and Miss Connecticut holding hands before they announced who was Miss USA. I clicked on the picture and was confused. The only thing everyone was talking about was that they needed to eat something. Yes, both women are really small but come one! One lady was talking about their BMIs being too low. This is only my opinion, but I can't stand BMIs. Mine is on the higher side, but I'm not as obese as the chart says that I am. It doesn't take into consideration the size of my frame. I know that I need to loose weight, but that is besides the point. What I'm getting at is that more than likely she doesn't know anything about either women, let alone their silly BMI.

Why are we so hard on women? Either they need to go eat something or loose some weight. I'm never been on the smaller side, but I thought all of the ladies were beautiful! What happened to if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all? I know some people were trying watch out for there kids self esteem, but if it's not ok to bash a fuller sized woman why is it ok to do it to a smaller woman?

Roll Tide by the way! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment