adsense

Saturday, March 9, 2013

I Hope You Dance

The past few days have been kind of hard. One of my good friends from high school had her two year old little boy's viewing tonight. He was diagnosed with posterior urethral valves (PUV) when Stefanie was 17 weeks pregnant. Bronson started dialysis when he was ten days old and waited for a kidney transplant until about a month ago when he got his transplant.

As I was getting ready for the viewing tonight I started thinking about all of the things Stef has been through and it got me thinking. Yeah, I know having PCOS sucks, but look at what they went through. The doctors told Stef to abort the pregnancy when they found out Bronson had PUV. They prayed about it and decided that wasn't for them. Her husband had also been sick and they also have a daughter that's around seven. I may not have a child of my own and my other symptoms may get worse, but I'm still alive. 

I've taken things for granted, haven't told people how I felt about them, haven't persued my dreams because it kinda scares me, and the list goes on. It's time for a change! "The tragedy of life is not death, but what we let die inside of us while we live." Norman Cousins



No comments:

Post a Comment