adsense

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I Blame YouTube For My Makeup Obsession



Growing up I always loved makeup. If I went into Walmart I would always come out with some eye shadow, lipstick, or a beauty magazine. I tried my best, but I was never really happy with how my makeup turned out. I have hooded eyes and never understood why I couldn't see my eyeshadow like everyone else could. I wore glasses and it seemed like my eye makeup was making my eyes look smaller and I didn't know why. These were some of the issues that I was having.

A few years ago I discovered Sephora. Oh my gosh! I was like a kid in a candy store! lol But I still had the same problems! It didn't matter if I had the most expensive makeup if I didn't know what to do with it. I had gotten better, but something still wasn't right.

I can't remember what I was looking for on YouTube, but I ended up finding TiffanyD. Her videos pretty much changed me right then and there. Any video she posted I watched it. After a while I started to branch out and find other makeup gurus to learn from and I feel so much better equipped now. I feel like I know so much more about each brand and their products and how to use them!

Dealing with PCOS isn't always easy. With all of the facial and body hair, skin issues, and hormones I normally feel less than a woman. Some of my friends and family pick at me about all of the makeup that I have, but they don't get it.This is part of how I deal with my PCOS. I might have to deal with all of this extra crap, but I feel a lot better about myself thanks to these videos!

TiffanyD, EmiyNoel83, ShadesofKassie, Mrslolalynn GlamLifeGuru, MakeupByAlli, MakeupGeek, and Jaclyn Hill I know you'll probably never see this, but thank you! I feel more confident and have been changed for the better! I'll never be able to repay you!

I don't know if I ever will, but I've been thinking about starting my own channel. Not just to talk about makeup, but to try and bring more awareness to PCOS. I've looked on there and I've found a channel or two that talks about it, but not many. I hope to change that! What do y'all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment