adsense

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!







Here at my house we don't really do too much for July 4th. My dad's side of the family will come over and we'll cook out and sometimes we'll go watch the fireworks celebration in town. It's supposed to rain today, so more than likely that's been canceled, but that's okay.

If you're rained out like my family and I will be check out "A Capital Fourth" from 7-8:30 central time on PBS! Christopher Martin, current Chicago Symphony Orchestra Principal Trumpet, will be performing an arrangement of music from the movie "Lincoln", on which he performed the main trumpet solo that musically represents Abraham Lincoln.

Chris' dad, Freddy Martin, is the founding member of Spirit of Atlanta Drum & Bugle Corps that I'm an alumni of! I'm going to share my all about marching in 2001, but that's a whole other story.

Happy Fourth and be safe y'all!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment