adsense

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Where to begin...?

Hello! Let me introduce myself and share my story, even though I know no one is reading this! lol My name is Shannon. I'm in my early 30's and live in Alabama. I love music, baking/cooking, watching Alabama football and Detroit Red Wings, peacocks and flamingos, and laughing.

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 24, but had known there was something wrong years before that. I remember being in elementary school and actually being kind of skinny. During the summer I would wear these cute bikinis - nothing revealing - or the swimsuits with the sides cut out. Then came middle school. I didn't really eat more than what I had been and even though I was more active I began packing on the weight. I remember going shopping for back to school one time. There was the cutest dress that I tried on, but it didn't fit. It was green and navy plaid and it buttoned down the front. Well, it was supposed to button anyway. One of my family members made the comment that they couldn't believe that I was getting a gut and it mortified me. Needless to say, ever since then I have not been skinny. 

Ok, flash forward to now. Unlike most women my age I'm not married or ttc (trying to conceive). My symptoms had been bearable up until the past year and a half or so. My acanthosis nigricans is getting worse and unfortunately so is my hirsutism. I'm planning on getting off my butt and eating better and hopefully that will help some. My goal is not only to loose weight, but to maybe let other women with PCOS or other dealing with infertility know that they're not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment