adsense

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Why Can't I Remember To Take My Supplements?



I have had the same bottle of chromium polynicotinate sitting in my room for over six months. I've only taken two pills!!! I'm terrible!

Chromium polynicotinate is a vital trace mineral that can help regulate blood sugar, cholesterol levels, and prevent hypertension (high blood pressure).

I tend to eat a lot more refined food that I should which can also cause chromium deficiency. Some studies have shown that women with PCOS lose more chromium than healthy women due to our elevated insulin levels. Chromium deficiency leads to insulin resistance, so it's a vicious cycle. Some studies I've read about chromium helped reduce hunger levels and fat cravings.

If you're looking for certain foods to incorporate into your diet chromium can be found in liver, mushrooms, wheat germ, oysters, whole wheat bread, beets, chicken breasts, sweet potatoes, brewer's yeast, corn, broccoli, and come fruits and cheeses. 

Diabetes runs on both sides of my family and I think I'm already insulin resistant, so you can see why I need to start taking these. I plan to start taking more supplements like saw palmetto, but I don't want to start taking a bunch of supplements all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment